All Reading For Sure Providers
Lynne’s Reading For Sure Tutoring has been open on Oats St Carlisle for at least 19 years and in that time has had the pleasure of working with some amazing students and their families. These students came to us because they were struggling at school due to their delay in reading. The schools system and other tutoring systems did not seem to help them. Reading for Sure takes a student back to the beginning and systematically teaches them to phonetically read the word, not guess or memorise.
The instruction in how to sound blend the phonemes in a word along with the special diacritical marks that we use as part of our program enable stressed, anxious students to realise that reading will be possible for them. In no time at all the students experience, sometimes for the first time, the joy of the written word and the possibilities they open for them.
The first place we should look if a child is falling behind or misbehaving is their literacy skills. Invariably a delay in reading is identified and with remediation via the Reading for Sure program the child once again enjoys school and behaves and performs at a much higher level.
Don’t delay. At the first sign of stress contact us and have their key literacy skills checked before you go paying for other services you may not need.
Mrs B’s is open Monday – Friday afternoons, and Saturday mornings.
Mrs B’s is also open during School Holidays (appointment times vary – contact for more details).
Who can I help?
* Have a diagnosed learning difference (Dyslexia, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD/ADHD etc)
* Have an undiagnosed learning difference
* Don’t seem to be “getting it” with no reasonable cause
* Beginner readers (4.5 – 5 year olds)
* Home-school students
* High school students needing assistance with essay writing / assignments
* Extension students / Gifted and Talented students
At present I offer individual tuition for the ‘Reading For Sure’ program for children and adults. I also tutor in other Primary School subjects.
– Well structured and effective Reading For Sure method used to teach reading, writing and spelling
– Stepping Ahead pre-literacy programme. Enjoyable phonic awareness activities for 3 – 6 year olds.
– Primary maths – all aspects. Help with homework. Tables mastery.
– Thorough assessment and programmes tailored to meet each student’s needs.
– Building student skills and confidence in a supportive and encouraging environment
I have over twenty years experience as a teacher in schools and as a private tutor working with students with learning difficulties and disabilities. About 11 years ago I became aware of the Reading for Sure system for teaching literacy skills. I was so impressed by the structure it provided for teaching reading I decided to train as a RFS tutor. After completing the training 8 years ago, I worked at Dr Solomon’s clinic in Morley. Seeing the gains and rate of progress students made though the RFS method, I decided to become a registered RFS provider, so I could offer RFS tuition to students living near my home. In the past, before discovering the RFS method, I worked as a tutor for Government programmes and for the Dyslexia Speld Foundation.
I currently work privately with students at, or near, my home in Doubleview. As well as helping students with reading, comprehension and writing using the Reading for Sure Method, and children needing Pre-Literacy skills using the RFS ‘Stepping Ahead’ Programme, I also offer maths tuition up to grade 7.
Teaching Certificate, B.Ed. Degree, Graduate Certificate – Special Needs/Learning Difficulties
Working with Children Police Clearance.